I have been asked about treating back pain caused by a chipped bone and I have also been asked about massage for curved spine pain. My response to this was that a massage treatment could not be performed on a chipped bone and a doctors recommendation would be needed to perform a massage treatment on a curved spine. However, all is not lost as there are other solutions. Low Level Laser Therapy would be a good analgesic for the chipped bone and curved spine pain and there are some excellent Aromatherapy Oils that can also help with back pain as well.
My favourite oils for back pain would be a blend of Marjoram, Rosemary and Lavender.
The precautions for this oil blend is as follows:
- Lavender - Some people with low blood pressure may feel really drowsy after using Lavender and is best avoided during pregnancy.
- Rosemary - Not suitable for people with high blood pressure or epilepsy. Might counteract homeopathic remedies. Best avoided during pregnancy.
- Marjoram - Overuse may make cause drowsiness. Best avoided during pregnancy.
If you are not suited to the blend of Marjoram, Rosemary and Lavender for your back pain then you could try Chamomile Essential Oil. It is another excellent Essential Oil for lower back pain.
The precautions for Chamomile Essential Oil is as follows:
- Chamomile - Best avoided during pregnancy.
My final Essential Oil choice for back pain would be Black Pepper Essential Oil.
The precautions for Black Pepper Essential Oil is as follows:
- Black Pepper - May overstimulate the kidneys if used too often. Could irritate skin.
Always do a patch test on your skin before using any Essential Oils and seek the advice of a trained Aromatherapist before using any Essential Oils.
Your body being the fantastic machine that it is will get used to the Essential Oil blend that you use so I would recommend that you change them as soon as you feel that the benefits are lapsing.
We do sell some wonderful Joints Ease Aromatherapy Candles that can be purchased for your back pain. These amazing candles only reach a certain temperature before they melt meaning that they never burn and you can have the added benefit of the warmth to ease the pain as well as the Essential Oils.